Looking for a part-time studio assistant to help out onsite at this colorful lil' paper goods brand based in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
You’ll primarily be responsible for order fulfillment of both wholesale and retail orders, the packaging of those items, as well as inventory management and day-to-day studio tasks required to keep the studio running smoothly.
The right candidate is organized, meticulous, passionate, professional, and has nice handwriting. Must be vaccinated.
- Packing and shipping wholesale and retail orders, which includes a handwritten thank you note.
- Orders must be fulfilled accurately, on time, and with care.
- Logging on to various order platforms we sell on to print packing slips and shipping labels for outgoing orders.
- Bring packages downstairs to postal worker during pickup window.
- Product packaging (sleeving/stickering/assembling greeting cards, boxed sets, and prints).
- Printing and trimming art prints which are printed in-house.
- Quality Control: checking inventory as it arrives for any damages.
- Maintaining inventory levels of product and supplies.
- Keeping stockist and contact lists updated in Google Spreadsheets and on website.
- Daily studio maintenance/tidying to keep operations running smoothly: keeping inventory shelves tidy up with things where they should be, breaking down boxes and setting out for recycling, wiping down trimmer of paper dust, cleaning up any trimmed paper bits etc.
During slow order times you may also help with:
- Pitching to new shops and maintaining relationships with existing accounts.
- Submissions to publications for features.
- Taking BTS photos/videos around the studio for Instagram.
- Assembling grab bags of imperfect cards for sale on retail site and Instagram.
- Trimming of damaged cards on in-house rolling trimmer.
- Update and add new products across all our selling platforms when needed.
- Other things that may come up!
Your skills, personality, & other requirements
- Lover of Google Spreadsheets (examples please!)
- Attention to detail. You would describe yourself as meticulous and/or precise.
- Great organizational skills.
- Problem solver who doesn’t need too much hand-holding.
- Efficient. Can work quickly while maintaining the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Clear communicator, asks questions.
- Enthusiastic and positive.
- Willing to help out in all aspects of the studio.
- Available to work on-site at our Greenpoint, NY studio 2-3 days per week, 10-20 hours per week for a 4-month commitment (through holidays). Could be extended depending on need/fit.
- Be passionate about, or at least be a fan of paper goods and design :)
Bonus (Nice to haves but not required)
- Nice handwriting (Please send a sample! Write a simple thank you note and take a photo on your phone to attach with your application.)
- Experience or familiarity with ecommerce shipping and fulfillment for retail and/or wholesale.
- Experience or familiarity with any or all of the following: Shopify, Etsy, Faire, Bulletin Marketplace, Zoho Inventory.
- Experience using a rolling trimmer or cutting something down from crop marks.
- Have your own laptop. Required for spreadsheet work as well as for order management (printing packing slips and shipping labels).
- Decent enough photography skills for stories of studio bts (can be shown even through a personal Instagram feed).
- Previous experience working with a paper goods brand or product based brand selling retail and/or wholesale.
The position pays $15-20/hr depending on experience.
If you’re interested, please send a short note to email@example.com with the subject “My Darlin’ Studio Assistant” introducing yourself and talking about your background and anything you’d like to share. I’d love to hear about any relevant experience/skills, what parts of the role you’re most excited about, and what makes you a good fit for the position. A résumé would be welcome if you have it. Also tell me what you love about paper goods or design!