Looking for a part-time production assistant to help out onsite at this colorful lil' paper goods brand based in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
You’ll work on sleeving cards, assembling boxed sets of greeting cards, trimming and packaging art prints, and any other production needs that may arise.
The right candidate is a fast learner, works quickly while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, is passionate, professional, and takes care in their work. Must be vaccinated.
- Packaging greeting cards with the correct colored envelope in a clear cello sleeve.
- Assembling greeting card boxed sets.
- Stickering boxed sets and art prints.
- Printing sku stickers for art prints.
- Trimming art prints from crop marks.
- Trimming any damaged greeting card inventory on in-house rolling trimmer.
- Assembling grab bags of imperfect cards for sale on retail site and Instagram.
- Must be able to meet productivity benchmarks for sleeving, boxed sets, and trimming. For example, must be able to sleeve 300-400 greeting cards in an hour, or quickly reach this productivity benchmark after a little practice.
- General studio maintenance: keeping inventory shelves tidy up with things where they should be, breaking down boxes and setting out for recycling, wiping down trimmer of paper dust, cleaning up any trimmed paper bits etc.
- You may be asked to help with order fulfillment occasionally
- Other things that may come up!
Your skills, personality, & other requirements
- Attention to detail. You would describe yourself as meticulous and/or precise.
- Efficient. Can work quickly while maintaining the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Problem solver who doesn’t need too much hand-holding.
- Clear communicator, asks questions.
- Enthusiastic and positive.
- Willing to help out in all aspects of the studio.
- Available to work on-site at our Greenpoint, NY studio 1-2 day per week, 5-10 hours per week.
- Be passionate about, or at least be a fan of paper goods and design :)
Bonus (Nice to haves but not required)
- Experience using a rolling trimmer or cutting something down from crop marks.
- Previous experience working with a paper goods brand or product based brand selling retail and/or wholesale.
The position pays $15/hr.
If you’re interested, please send a short note to email@example.com with the subject “My Darlin’ Production Assistant” introducing yourself and talking about your background and anything you’d like to share. I’d love to hear about any relevant experience/skills, what parts of the role you’re most excited about, and what makes you a good fit for the position. A résumé would be welcome if you have it. Also tell me what you love about paper goods or design!